Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Anniversary Present

We just got back from an incredible trip to Venice, but I wanted to pop by real quick to show off what I got Christopher for our anniversary!

I wasn't really planning on following the normal tradition of giving a paper gift for your first anniversary, that is until I stumbled upon Samantha's Papercuts!

Samantha lives in Southern England and produces the finest papercuts I have ever seen! And since Christopher and I have kind of been obsessed with papercuts ever since we found out about Rob Ryan, I knew this would be the perfect gift!

When I went to place my order, Samantha wasn't taking any new custom orders but it just so happened (fate, you may call it!) that she had recently done a first anniversary print that was EXACTLY what I was looking for! I sent her over the details (names, date, etc.) and she was able to fit in part of the e.e. cummings poem that was read at our wedding. A week later, this arrived on my doorstep:



Exquisite, huh?

She included the names of our wedding party and I picked out the colors I wanted her to cut it out on and she framed it before packing it up securely and sending to me.

I gave it to Christopher yesterday since we would be out of town for our actual anniversary. He absolutely loved it and started to tear up. Seriously, this thing is perfect and I know we will both cherish this for a long time to come!

Also, check out some of the other amazing designs that Samantha has thought up:


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely incredible and absolutely perfect for you two. Love it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, these are absolutely beautiful! SUCH a fab idea!! i am definitely bookmarking this for the future ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete