Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What we're loving lately: Basil



I'm starting a new series up called "What we're loving lately". Basically it's just little things we have been enjoying lately and want to share.

This week we've been loving ourselves some fresh Basil. Yes yes yes Basil!! Seriously, it seems like basil is the forgotten herb but (oh my goodness!) it tastes sooo good! While I think that lots of herbs can be quite tasty if they are dried, basil is not one of them. You MUST have basil fresh. Promise me, only fresh basil!

Here are some awesome ways to enjoy fresh basil:



(1) Basil-Lemon Deviled Eggs | (2) Brie, Basil, Bacon and Blue Cheese Panini | (3) Corn & Basil Cakes | (4) Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil | (5) Basil Butter | (6) Tomato Basil Soup |

Check out the rest of our delicious finds on my Pinterest board! Pin It

6 comments:

  1. LOVE basil! it is one of my favourite herbs and the food above looks amazing -- i will definitely be checking out your pinterest :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay so glad we aren't the only ones. Although, sometimes when I pull it out to put in food my hubby gives me that look of "oh my goodness, more basil!? Where are you putting all this stuff?!"

      Delete
  2. Basil is CERTAINLY not the forgotten herb in our house...We LOVE basil. And..Joe has some good looking basil growing out in the garden right now :) YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh Basil is best when pulled right off the plant! Can't get any fresher than that :) We keep a little potted one on our windowsill since we don't have a garden but it works out great.

      Delete
  3. holy moly that panini is making my mouth water. i see a trip to the grocery store in my future! delish!
    xoxo
    ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that panini looks sooo yummy! When you go to the grocery store, get a whole basil plant. They are usually around the same price as a packet of fresh basil and they last wayy longer. Enjoy!

      Delete