Monday, April 30, 2012

Miscellaneous Amsterdam

Promise this is our last Amsterdam post! Just wanted to share some videos and misc. things we saw last weekend:

1. We found out that recycling is a hoax. Apparently if we recycle or throw away our trash then ducks will have no where to live...? Case and point, watch these two videos we took this weekend. 




2. Here in Europe they all use this fancy chip and pin credit and debit card instead of our boring 'ol swipe cards we have in the US. No big deal, we have one with our bank here so we use that whenever we need. So we are used to the regular deal of figuring out which card to use and if neither are accepted (on rare occasions) then we use cash. No big deal. 


We went to a cafe our last day in Amsterdam and come to find out they don't like hassling with cash they only accept credit cards. But...only Maestro chip and pin cards. What the heck?! I didn't matter if I was a millionaire, I couldn't have bought a cup of coffee here if I wanted! Seriously, it was dumb. That's all I have to say about that. The end. 

3. We rented bikes one day in Amsterdam and took them to beautiful Vondelpark for a few hours. Definitely recommend checking this amazing park out!


Sorry the videos are a little shaky. Wish I had one of these GoPro cameras then it I could have performed bike tricks and caught them on camera. Bike tricks? I don't even know what I'm talking about...


 

4. Here's a video from our walk around Amsterdam's Noordermarkt. Look at all their cool instruments!





5. Apparently Backstreet Boys are still popular in Amsterdam. Who knew?


6. If you didn't believe what I had to say about bikes in Amsterdam, read this post from another blogger who recently visited the city and was just as enamored with the bikes as we were.  Pin It

1 comment:

  1. oh.my.gosh. This post is awesome. Topher...LOVE your Backstreet video :)

    ReplyDelete